First things first. Phelan’s would like to sincerely thank all of our customers for their loyalty and support over the years. We are so appreciative of every relationship that we have made.
In 2022, Phelan’s Interiors will be transitioning fully into the corporate sector. Residential trends have been shifting for many years, and as that market continues to evolve, Phelan’s has made the decision to focus solely on corporate design—our strongest and fastest growing niche. Looking forward, you will find the Phelan’s team deeply involved in Healthcare, Retirement Communities, Hospitality, and retail and corporate environments projects.
April 1, 2022 will be our final sale. We will have nearly one million dollars of inventory to sell directly off of the floor. We will also be taking special orders and delivering them as they arrive. Phelan’s Corporate Operations will remain in its current location at 728 3rd Avenue, Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52401.
As we look at our past and our future, we reflect on the pivotal events that have carried us to today:
- 1938: Opened as Cedar Rapids Paint, selling paint and supplies to retail clients and lumber yards
- Early 1960s: Paul Phelan Sr. purchased the store from his father-in-law, Charles Schwinn. Paul added wallcovering and picture framing into the product mix
- 1975: Changed our name change to Cedar Rapids Paint & Design Studio
- 1982: Changed our name to Phelan’s Interiors. With this name change came a new address at 728 3rd Avenue with full-lines of home furnishings on display in an unparalleled shopping environment.
- 1985: Phelan’s Corporate Interiors was established and quickly became the anchor of the business—which continues today.
Again, thank you to all of our customers. We would not be here today without you!
For more information contact:
Phone: 319.363.9634 x228